Many of the items collected through the City of Denton Home Chemical Center are still usable and are available to other residents at no charge. If an item is available in most stores, is in good condition, and at least half-full, we place it on our shelves at the ReUse Store. Examples of items available at the ReUse store include paints, household cleaners, and lawn and garden chemicals.
The ReUse Store is open to all City residents, at no charge. Residents can collect up to four items per day.
ReUse Store Location and Hours of Operation:
1527 S. Mayhill Rd., Building 300
Denton, TX 76208
Open Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-4p.m.
Household Chemical Disposal
All Denton residents have access to Home Chemical Collection Services. This service takes unused chemicals, expired batteries, and burned-out light bulbs that need to be disposed of properly to avoid contaminating our water supplies and landfills. Items collected will be reused, recycled, or properly disposed of.
Home Chemical Collection (HCC) Options
- Drop off household hazardous waste at the Home Chemical Collection facility located at 1527 S. Mayhill Rd. Denton, TX 76208. The facility is open 7 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Schedule a curbside collection by calling (940) 349-8700 between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Please note that chemicals set out without a scheduled pickup will not be collected.
How to Prepare Chemicals for Collection or Dropoff
- Chemicals must be in their original labeled containers, except for used motor oil and cooking oil.
- Collect oil in a container with a screw-top lid.
- Container size limit of 10 gallons (liquid) or 50 pounds (dry weight) per collection.
List of Accepted Household Chemicals
- Used motor oil and used cooking oil (screw top lid)
- Batteries of all kinds
- Paint of all kinds
- Lightbulbs of all kinds
- Household cleaners
- Aerosol cans
- Automotive fluids and fuels
- Lawn and garden items including fertilizer, pesticides, and weed killers
- Pool chemicals and additives
- Vanishes, strippers, turpentine, and stains
- Glues and epoxies
Household Chemicals Not Accepted for Pickup or Dropoff
- Ammunition and explosives
- Commercial waste
- Chemicals not in original containers
- Medical waste
- Nuclear/radioactive waste
- Propane and butane cylinders
- Tires and trash
- Unidentified chemicals
- Compressed gas
- Pharmaceuticals (Contact your local pharmacy for drug disposal options.)
Learn more about the City of Denton programs.